Announcements
Hey guys sign up your RS2 Teams here for a ladder coming soon http://www.mintgaming.net.au

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game/Forum Rules
Too Beaucoup
Geelong, VIC
It's in Univermag also because it is the exact same asset.
09-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Donor
gold coast AU
red; comments on vid, Larkham , you have been having out with Cnl.Gentleman too much...
I would say use it.
The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds.
The cost difference was $2300 v 0.27 cents.
09-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Private
Me and welldone did some testing on the bunker on Beito.

You can throw in satchels into the window, and throw grenades into the bunker both normaly and underarm. If you get into the bunker from the back, you can throw grenades into the top floor with ease, usally killing anyone in there.
From the outside you can hide from grenades by trunning into the stairwell or far side of the room, but if you cook your grenade they shouldn't have enough time to react. I haven't been able to see how effective the flamethrower is at clearing it, but i suspect grenades are more practical.

You can climb into the window ledge, and into the railing infront. This makes you a sitting duck however, and you can't climb back inside with my efforts. Throwing smoke infront of the bunker obscures your veiw very well. I could only see things up to 5m away or so.

You can't spawn if there's a SL inside the top floor, and you can only have 2 people firing through the window at one time, with one on each side. Standing by the window leaves you fairly explosed.

You can't have a MG deployed inside the room, but you can deploy a MG on the window if you lie down in the midde. This is redundant as you can't aim down, thus you can't shoot ~90% of the attackers. You're much better off climbing to the top floor of E and hugging the sandbags.

Here's the veiwing angles you get from the window: http://imgur.com/a/GHD1G
(MG is at maximum depression in the last capture)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=641462969
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=641463028

TL;DR - more hassle than it's worth, only good for one player using it.

Only advantage you get is a firing angle at the left/middle side of the E point being attacked, which you can get from E or the bottom floor anyway. If they use smoke, you can't see anything unless it's 1-3m away.

You can have one or 2 players firing from the window, but it's easy to flush them out with grenades. Squad leaders can't camp inside and spawn in players. MG's are useless there, and what little they can do leaves them a sitting duck for anyone to shoot.

Possible for players to hide inside when they run out of tickets, but Allied players should be able to grenade them or climb up too.
09-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Dulwich Hill AU
So you can get shot from the spot? There isnt a magic barrier etc?
[Image: CatinthehatSig2013.png]
09-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Welldone the Pussyhand
Unregistered
  Achievements: No achivements
(09-03-2016 09:25 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  So you can get shot from the spot? There isnt a magic barrier etc?

no its not magic. you can very much die. either by grenade or shot through the window.
09-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Dulwich Hill AU
What happens with many 'hard to get to places' is the map devs never anticipated players being in those positions and they can have magic shields / barriers or be overlooking spawn zones that make the map terrible.

If this one is just another window that the def can shoot from, its hardly an exploit. Plus it looks like a cunt of a place to get to.
[Image: CatinthehatSig2013.png]
09-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Private
(09-03-2016 10:03 PM)CatintheHat Wrote:  What happens with many 'hard to get to places' is the map devs never anticipated players being in those positions and they can have magic shields / barriers or be overlooking spawn zones that make the map terrible.

If this one is just another window that the def can shoot from, its hardly an exploit. Plus it looks like a cunt of a place to get to.

Didn't see any invisible walls or the like, Weldone got sniped sitting in the window and grenades/satchels go in fine. The mounting points for MG's are utterly screwed, but you shouldn't be able to stick a MG in that window without being a giant target in my view.

Getting in really isn't that hard.
Walk up to the chairs till you rise up, then lie down facing the left chair. The wall appears in your face as you get moved onto the higher char. Stand back up, and hold down sprint and jump over the last chair.
10-03-2016, 10:09 AM